This is a really effective and short Forgiveness technique from Doreen Virtue, helpful for clearing an issue with someone you can’t meet face to face.
To practise this meditation:
- Prepare a quiet space where you won’t be disturbed for at least 20 minutes.
- Sit comfortably with your back straight, on the floor or on a chair.
- Take a few deep breaths and feel your sit bones on the floor or chair, grounding you. Allow your mind to come to peace.
- Imagine you are in a paddock (a circular enclosure where horses are kept). How does the paddock look and feel? Does it have an opening, or is it closed?
- Imagine that the person or person you have an issue with is there with you. Then, allow yourself to say everything, which has been sitting on your heart about this person, directly to them. Speak out loud.
- Hear their response and say back to them anything more that needs to be said. Continue this process until you have both said whatever needs to be said, from the levels of body and soul.
- Once you are complete with that, look at the paddock again. How is it now? What differences do you notice? Is the other person still there? Continue with the process until you feel complete.
Other useful heart-opening and forgiveness meditations are: Atisha’s Heart Meditation, Ho’oponopono and Whole Listening, developed by David Wagner, the founder of Tachyon Technologies (Sarita explains this method in Part 3 of her online Vigyan Bhairav Tantra series, see below for more details).
Enjoyed this meditation? Want to try more like it? Check out Sarita’s online Vigyan Bhairav Tantra club, or by email, or or see her book, Divine Sexuality.